Indoor Air Quality
It is wise to be aware of your indoor air. Yet many homeowners live with a substandard air quality in their homes on a daily basis.
Did you know that your indoor air can be, on average, two to five times — and in some cases up to 100 times — worse than outdoor air?
That seems outrageous but it is true. The biggest culprit typically is a poorly maintained heating and cooling system. When HVAC systems are not cared for properly, they provide a perfect breeding ground for mold, bacteria, and fungi. All of these harmful growths can affect your family’s health on a daily basis by ruining your indoor air quality.
Pass One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning can remedy that situation by cleaning your air and allowing your family members to breathe fresh, pure air that no longer contains contaminants that could impact their health.
Pass One Hour Will Provide Relief
Whether you need an air cleaner, a humidifier, a dehumidifier, some ultraviolet (UV) lights or something else to improve your indoor air quality, our NATE-certified technicians can help. A home energy evaluation is a good starting point because it will reveal areas where your home is not functioning efficiently. We can easily correct those areas and provide relief for your family with duct sealing, duct cleaning or other air care services.
It’s a simple equation. Cleaner indoor air can provide immediate relief from:
- Hay Fever
- Dry or Itchy Eyes
- Nasal Congestion
- Respiratory Ailments
The skilled technicians from Pass One Hour have spent four decades researching and implementing indoor air quality solutions. Our top priority is making sure the air you and your family breathe inside your home is the cleanest and safest it can be.
How Do UV Lights Clean the Air?
UV lights placed in your ventilation system use UV-C rays to eliminate contaminants from the air in your home.
Humidification & Dehumidification
Humidity is the level of moisture in the air. When your home is humid, it will make you feel warm and sticky. When the humidity level is too low, it can create problems with dry skin and throat irritation while drying out wooden furniture.
To keep your home at an ideal comfort level, adding a humidifier or a dehumidifier to your HVAC system is a great idea for individuals who live in climates that feature conditions at either end of the humidity scale. Pass One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers both humidifiers and dehumidifiers for customers in the Carbondale, Marion & Mt. Vernon, Illinois area.
How to Remedy the Problem of Humidity
When you are experiencing high levels of humidity in your home, you need a dehumidifier. Pass One Hour can reduce the humidity in your home with a selection of dehumidification systems that are integrated into your duct system or installed as a stand-alone unit with its own ductwork. The humidistat that detects moisture in the air will trigger the dehumidifier to remove the moist air from your home, leaving you with a comfortable home that is no longer a breeding ground for molds, mildew, and other contaminants.
When your interior air is too dry, a humidifier is a nice addition to your HVAC system. While a heater keeps you warm during the winter, it can dry out your home. Humidifiers introduce moisture into the air of your home, making it feel less dry and making you feel comfortably warm with a lower thermostat setting. That will lower your utility bills while boosting your indoor comfort.
Benefits of Adding a Humidifier
When you use a humidifier in conjunction with your heating system, there are many benefits. Aside from reducing the dryness in the air, it also helps to:
- Reduce static shock that accompanies dry air
- Protect furniture, wooden floors, artwork and other items from the adverse effects of dry air
- Prevent dry and itchy skin, scalp, and throat
- Reduce energy consumption because you will feel warmer with humid heat than dry heat, allowing you to lower the thermostat
Benefits of Adding a Dehumidifier
When you add a dehumidifier to your home, some of the benefits include:
- Reduced presence of dust mites living in or near your mattress, pillows, sofa, and upholstered furniture
- Eliminate condensation that damages wood furniture and other wooden parts of your home
- Reduce the potential for mold, mildew, and bacteria to grow in your home
- Stop the peeling of wallpaper because of the damp, warm air
It is essential to have clean air in your home for the health of your family and your property. To help safeguard both, Pass One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers a wide array of air cleaners for customers in Carbondale, Marion, Mt. Vernon, Herrin, Benton, West Frankfort, Carterville, Sesser and their surrounding communities throughout Southern Illinois.
What Makes an Air Cleaner Work?
An air cleaner removes contaminants and particulates from your indoor air that can harm you and your family. It is an improved filtration system that is installed in your central heating and cooling system. The purpose is to ensure that the air in your home is free of harmful substances that can cause sickness.
Air cleaner filtration systems come in three general types that include:
- Passive Media Filters – These filters remove dust particles, contaminants, and dirt as small as .3 microns in size. The filters of these air cleaners must be replaced at least once every year.
- Electrostatic Precipitators – Also called electronic air cleaners, these precipitators keep the air clean by using an electronic field to charge dust and dirt in your ventilation system. The particles of debris are then attracted by a metal collector cell with an opposite charge, much like a magnet. This system does not need filter changing but the metal collector plate has to be washed every three months for the air cleaner to remain effective.
- HEPA-type Filtration – Considered the most effective of all air cleaners, HEPA filters can remove contaminants down to .1 micron in size. They can even stop viruses and smoke from contaminating your indoor air.
Pass One Hour & Air Cleaner Installation
With our specialization in HVAC, ductwork, heating, and air-conditioning, it is only natural that we offer solutions for keeping the air in your home clean. To improve your indoor air quality, our air cleaners provide your home with an extra blanket of protection from pollution, contaminants and disease-causing allergens and irritants.
For your air cleaner installation in the Greater Marion, Carbondale & Mt. Vernon, IL area, Pass One Hour is the company to call. Contact us online or give us a call at 618-266-8086 to schedule an evaluation and consultation for your air cleaner installation and your indoor air quality needs.